Sunday, October 24, 2010

Stealing is Bad!

I am sad to say that I am going to have to make some changes to the pictures I post on my blog and on facebook. Sadly, I have had many instances lately where people have been using pictures inappropriately and against their contract boundaries.

I'd like to think that these people don't mean harm, but I am not certain of that. Either way, I have a strong desire to to protect my images: the images of my clients. I plan to do that by making 3 changes:
-disabling people from opening up a larger image on my blog
-placing my watermark "logo" on the images that go on facebook
-disabling the ability to right click anywhere on my blog

There may be more changes coming, but I am hoping this will do the trick. In the meantime, try to use your best judgement as to whether or not you are reproducing something that you should not allowed to reproduce. Remember that stealing is bad! There could also be prosecution for these instances, so be careful of that as well!

All photographers want to be able to showcase their images to their clients but also to others; however, photographers also want to protect the work that they do and are proud to show under their name! I can say this whole-heartedly because I have had multiple conversations with very talented photographers who would say the same thing.

*In other, more "light-hearted" news, I was able to photograph a really beautiful fall wedding yesterday and look forward to putting up images on my blog very soon!*

1 comment:

Beth Buckner said...

It's a shame people don't honor their contract.. sorry for you as I know you don't like to be forceful about these matters but this is business and you need to protect your business.