Friday, July 31, 2009

Big News!!!

So, there are these names in photography... Names like Melissa Jill, Mike Colon, Ben Harrison, Becker, Jasmine Star, Jessica Claire -- people whose work I completely adore. I only know them via the web, but I always hope I can meet them sometime.

Well, a few nights ago, I was checking my google reader at work and saw this pop up:

That may not mean anything to some people, but I have been trying to find a workshop to attend for a while now. It is hard to find one that works, since I am still working full-time as a nurse as well. I had thought about going to Jasmine Star's workshop, but I just couldn't figure it out before it closed. To me, this meant I was just going to sign-up and see... I might have to work around my nursing schedule a little bit, but who cares? Jessica Claire... Are you kidding me? Of course I will try!

- SOLD OUT -

I get an e-mail that says that it sold out even more quickly, and I was bummed. Oh well... life moves on.

Yesterday, I sat down to check another e-mail before heading into work:

I literally almost threw up when I saw this on my screen:

I don't know if somebody dropped out of if they just happened to have another slot open up, but I cannot tell you the thrill about the thought of this. I am SO super excited... A nice little something to look forward to for sure!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

i'm so excited for you!!! that is going to be one fabulous workshop. WOW! hope you have a fabulous time.

Mike said...

Ben Harrison is a really good friend of mine. You guys are both great photographers!

-Connie E's son-in-law, Mike

scbphotography said...

what a small world... he is so talented. nice to meet you at emily's wedding!!

Amanda Pair said...

SO cool! - I was too late for that one too, but maybe one day... :)