Saturday, August 1, 2009

what a day...

I must take this story back to about 6 months ago, when I decided to set goals for myself. One of the goals I wanted to accomplish was a free wedding package. I did not know how I was going to accomplish that but knew that I wanted to do it.

Two days later I got a request for a wedding for August 1, 2009... I met with them, thus realizing they were a family I knew well, only through other people really. Do you know those people, those families, who make you want to know and love better? This is one of those families... So, when I heard their concerns over their photography budget, I told them that I wanted nothing more than for them to receive my gift. We all wept -- sitting in Barnes and Noble -- and I knew this would be a special day.

It really did not go that well for me, though. I had a sprinkler problem at my home, got to the church a few minutes late, broke my flash during group photos (sending my second shooter to buy a new one), and then had to battle the rain between the ceremony and the reception.

BUT... It was a wonderful. Beautiful. Sweet. Kind. Memorable day. One that I will never forget. The entire family is so kind and gracious and welcoming; I also got to reunite with the bride's brother, whom I worked camp with years ago. It was wonderful.

So, with no more rambling, here are a few photos:














I noticed that another wedding party was coming from the same reception building. I had a lingering thought about whether someone I knew was shooting the wedding, and out walked this person:

If you follow me at all, you know that Emily is a kind, dear, true friend... also known as the lady I worked for before working on my own as a photographer. It was so fun to see her there. So fun, in fact, that I jumped in and shot her couple leaving. Here are 2 shots from that:


It was a wonderful day. I would be lying if I said I wasn't ready for bed, but I am excited about editing the rest of these photos sometime (hopefully soon).

No comments: