Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Have you cried at a blog post?

I did this morning.

Let me take you back about 8 months ago... I got a call from my dear dear friend Lauren saying that she was getting married. The date that she wanted to get married was a date that I could photograph her wedding, but it ended up being June 12, a date that I was already booked.

I sent her to this "new photographer's website" named Amanda Pair and told her that while she was newer into photography, I thought she was friendly, kind, and really talented. I thought that, if everything worked out, Lauren and Amanda would be the perfect match!

Fast-forward to this morning. I sat, looking at the photographs of Brett and Lauren's wedding and read what Amanda posted. I literally teared up and cried through it - because Lauren is such a dear, dear, dear soul to my heart. What a jewel she is!

Look at her:



And, in that moment, I was so grateful for pictures. For photography. And for Amanda. It makes me appreciate all the hard work and she and other photographers put in to capture so many magical, priceless memories. That may sound cheesy, but I believe each and every word of it.

1 comment:

Amanda Pair said...

OH MY GOSH, Camille! How in the world did I miss this post?? I know Lauren was really bummed that you couldn't be there, but I'm so glad that you brought such a sweet couple into my life. :)