Tuesday, February 21, 2012

and, we're here!!!



So, San Francisco, California, it is... Things have been good so far. We are WORLDS apart from where we were last - Fredericksburg, Virginia, and I must admit that some of it has been a bit "concerning." We've got A LOT to learn about living smack dab in the middle of a big city, but I'm pretty excited about it.

I love being reminded of the quote that Mom "left me" through my friend, Bridgette:

TRY TO TAKE EACH DAY AS IT COMES AND LOOK THROUGH THE EYES OF A WISE WOMAN. THE BIBLE SAYS SHE LAUGHS AT THE FUTURE BECAUSE SHE KNOWS IN WHOM SHE BELIEVES AND KNOWS THAT HE IS ABLE TO HANDLE ALL THINGS.

That is my calm - the idea that I can laugh at my future, for God has a beautiful plan for my future. Will that plan include Fredericksburg, Virginia? San Francisco, California? Birmingham, Alabama? Will it include travel nursing for a long time? Settling down and having a family of my own? Going to grad school? I'm grateful that I can rest in that beautiful plan... I'm excited about what will happen.

More from here soon. Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Susan B. said...

I love the picture. Can't wait to see more and hear (read) about your adventures.

Christa Goodroe said...

Awesome! Gorgeous picture!

Christa Goodroe said...

Gorgeous picture!

Christa Goodroe said...

Awesome! Gorgeous picture!