Sunday, December 21, 2008

second shooting

I have a difficult time explaining why I am so pro-second shooters at weddings, so I thought a few photos might help. I started off second shooting and always LOVED the photos I got with the freedom to really shoot whatever and whenever at weddings; that love carries into my career today. I always hire a second shooter. Some of my packages do not include a second shooter for all day, but they do guarantee a second shooter for at least a few hours. This, I think, is priceless in wedding photography; I also feel that my second shooter, Kristen, is priceless in wedding photography. She is unbelieveable... We work together like the greatest team I could imagine. You will be just love your photos if she gets to come along. Promise.

The best times, I think, to have a second shooter are as follows:

1. bride and groom photos
2. first dance
3. bride "getting ready" shots
4. wedding party photos
5. cake/garter/bouquet toss
6. leaving photos

If you're not able to afford a second shooter all day, keep those times in mind; on the other hand, though, if you can afford a second shooter, PAY MORE FOR ONE. I couldn't feel more strongly about something... If you can afford for your photographer to bring someone else along, do it. That's not to say that you don't trust the photos your photographer will get (you better not! ha!) It's just to say that a second photographer has a lot to offer.

So, here are photos from yesterday's wedding. 2 of each "moment." One is mine; one is Kristen's from each set.








No comments: