Friday, August 27, 2010

i hate cancer.



Some things in life just are not fair. I realize that life was never guaranteed to be equal or fair, but sometimes I am overwhelmed by the sadness in the world.
One of my dearest friends lost her grandmother this week. It just doesn't seem right that two weeks after coming back from her honeymoon, she is having to plan a funeral for someone she loves so dearly. It makes me sick at my stomach - makes my heart just drop to my ankles.
But, I love the picture above. I love that, despite the miserable battle with cancer, her "Gigi" could see the beautiful bride and watch her walk down the aisle. I love that you can sense the love that these two have for each other. I love that moments like this will live on, despite death.

If you know my story at all, you know that I have many other reasons to hate cancer. I am, however, grateful of how cancer changes me - grows me - challenges me: to love, to appreciate, to continue on. And, I love that it gives me a longing to love Jesus... a longing to pray that He would come quickly and rescue us from this broken, broken world.

3 comments:

Beth Buckner said...

I hate cancer too!!!! so sorry for your friends loss and I love how you are REAL in this post!!
Love you sweetie pie!

Lane said...

Thank you for the sweet post Camille!!!!

Amanda Pair said...

Don't make me cry! She will absolutely cherish this photo...