Thursday, January 20, 2011

Celebrating 24!

Last summer I started brainstorming. I wanted to do something for my birthday - something meaningful and memorable. Coming off my friend Janet's fun Nashville bachelorette trip, I was bound and determined to be a bachelorette without the impending wedding. My roommate, Aubrie, suggested New Orleans, and the plans started rolling.
5 of my greatest friends, my sister and brother-in-law, and I spent a glorious weekend in the "Big Easy" and had a superb time. We stayed at the wonderful Hilton on St. Charles being treated like royalty. It was perfect, literally 2 blocks from Canal Street and a 5 minute walk from the heart of the French Quarter.

I decided to not take my camera because I wanted to enjoy each moment. The mimosas each morning, the long lunches with silly conversations, the beauty to enjoy in walking around - it was so calming. My friends still documented the weekend (of course), and my sweet roommate printed some images for me. I framed them a few minutes ago, and the memories flooded back!

I am so grateful for each one of these girls. They shape who I am and make me want to be a better friend. The girl on the far left (right next to me) is a bride whose wedding I shot a few years ago who has become a good friend. She helped us plan our trip and even came to the gumbo/jazz festival with us. It was so great to see her!
We ate at the famous Commander's Palace for the jazz brunch, and it was the BEST. FOOD. I'VE. EVER. EATEN. No questions asked. It was fabulous. My late grandfather "Papa" used to take his bride there once a month, just as a day trip. I can see why. The food was incredible, and the jazz band walking around playing music made everything so ... well, happy! It was fun to get to experience something that was so special to my grandparents for so much of their lives.

Thanks, New Orleans, for a great birthday. I am excited about 24 and looking forward to all this year has to offer!

1 comment:

Amanda Pair said...

RED CUPS! :) So fun to see photos from the trip. Happy (extremely belated) birthday friend!