Friday, January 14, 2011

WPPI: What do all those letters mean?

For any wedding photographer, the term WPPI brings about joy, excitement, and the thrill of much information. To everyone else, it's 4 letters that really don't go together.

WPPI is a conference for wedding photographers that takes place every February in Las Vegas. I've never been and have made it my goal to attend this year. I'll be rooming with Amy Carson and Melissa Pardi and will also get to reunite with my friends Melissa Jill and Amelia Strauss, among others.

I'm proud of myself for going, as it's been a goal of mine for a year now. What makes me even more excited is the chance that I have to **maybe** shoot with Justin and Mary. See, last year it was my goal to go listen to one of their "Spread the Love" workshops, and those 4 hours in Atlanta changed the way that I view photography, life, and the world. To combine my goal last year with this year's goal and shoot with them at WPPI would be **unreal.**

Justin and Mary are some of the kindest people you'll ever meet, down-to-earth and humble... and oh-so talented! I have e-mailed them a bit regarding the impact that they've made on me, and it would be an honor to shoot with them while I'm in Vegas. They can somehow make every couple look like they are on a Hollywood set - and yet natural. That's talent.

One thing, though, is that if I don't get to do the "Shoot Out" with them, you'll for sure catch me on Thursday morning at their class on "How To Be A Rainmaker."

Bonus! Lens Pro To Go will be there, too, to let photographers shooting with Justin and Mary use some new lenses. I believe that these guys are the best in the industry. I have rented lenses galore from them and have been more than impressed with their professionalism; I even bought my recent equipment from them. Can't wait to meet them in person and tell them how much I truly respect them.

No comments: