Sunday, May 27, 2012

BFF

 My 7 year-old niece and I were talking today about BFF's - you know "Best Friends Forever."  We were discussing if family members can be your BFF, or if that's just for "friends."  I don't remember the outcome of the conversation, but I think I'm pretty sure I know who my BFF is.  You're looking at her.  
 The words that I would use to describe Bridgette would be the following: fun, faithful, friendly, humble, content, gracious, beautiful.  
Fun: I met Bridgette at a summer camp.  Many of our memories together are based on the times we had together on those hot, humid afternoons.
Faithful: When my Mom called to tell me that she had brain cancer, I picked up the phone and told Bridgette she had to come be with me.  15 minutes later, I was weeping in her arms... smelling the Panera she brought me, of course.  :)
Friendly: Everyone likes Bridgette.  Enough said.
Humble: Bridgette has worked so hard for everything in her life and is so deserving of it all.  She ALWAYS puts other people in front of her own self/desires.
Content: Bridgette takes NOTHING for granted.  NOTHING.  She appreciates life for what it is - life that she is able to live.  She is seriously as happy with little as she would be with much.
Graciously Beautiful: I combined the last two adjectives because I don't know that I need to explain her further.  Especially if you know her, you know what I mean!
 She'll always hold a special place in my heart because she was so close to my sweet Momma.  They share the same name, and I know why.  One certain people have that name.  Momma loved Bridgette because she, 15 years ago, saw the character in her that I see now that I am older.  One day I hope to have a daughter named "Bridgett," which is the spelling between my Momma "Bridget" and my sweet friend "Bridgette."  
 In exactly 3 weeks, I'll be watching Bridgette drive away with her new husband, and I'll be crying.  Tears of PURE JOY - I'm so grateful for this man - who cares so deeply for my friend.  I'm so grateful for the union that I'll get to experience.  It's truly something that we have desired for a long, long time.
I know that he'll make her smile forever...
...And, if he doesn't, I'll come after him.  And, I'll bring Rodney Beasley.  :)

I love you, Bridgette. 

Chad, I'm so happy that you're marrying my best friend.  I'm excited to share this journey called life with my new "brother-in-law." 

4 comments:

Catherine said...

You described her perfectly!! Love the pics.

Catherine said...

You described her perfectly. I love these pictures. You captured her joy.

Sarah Heinss said...

So this is the part of the story where I'm weeping outside of Starbucks, 20 minutes before work reading this post...everything you said about Bridgette is SO TRUE. She has the character of a woman we all strive to be. Also, love the pictures Camille! They turned out so well!

Beth Buckner said...

Well said and both of you girls are awesome and I'm glad to know you both!! You should be BFF's you both are beautiful, gracious, fun, loyal, faithful, and would give the shirt off your own back in the freezing rain for others!! Blessings on Bridgette and Chad and to you as well Camille!