Friday, May 11, 2012

Grandaddy

I can't even begin to express how grateful I am for the image above.  My friend, Jessica Wright, was taking pictures of our family when my grandparents came by.  She suggested that we get a few of them with the kids, and now it will be the last picture taken with my sweet Grandaddy.

He's had a quick, hard battle with some medical problems and is presently home on hospice, about to go see Jesus.  We got to spend some sweet time as a family together yesterday, and I was able to tell him that he was the greatest Grandaddy I could ever imagine.  Dad was able to tell him how proud he was to be his son, and I got to see him respond to his wife's voice over and over again.  

I don't understand this life sometimes.  I don't understand why people I love leave my side.  I don't understand why suffering and grief seem, at times, to be winning.  All I know to do is to cling to the promise that, while I'm weary/battered/bruised, "my Jesus makes all things new."  (lyrics from Andrew Peterson)

"For troubles without number surround me, and my heart fails within me.  I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me.  You are my help and my deliverer, O Lord, do not delay.  Come quickly."

3 comments:

Sue Lucas said...

I am so very sorry !! I have the same questions you have Camille. I have lost 4 very close and dear family members since the middle of December and one young (28) 2nd cousin and my other cousins husband.The last one had just turned 60 and cancer came back and ravaged her little body !These were very good kind loving people. My Mom was just before that. one day she is funny laughing and with me the next she is gone from me!
Whatever you have to do to spend precious time with him and your Grandmother do it ! you will not be sorry ! I have some regrets ,I could have done this or I should have done that .But its too late now. On a lighter note ,can not wait to meet you and our other team mates ! I want you to know I am and will pray !

kristen said...

I am so sorry. Praying for y'all. Glad for such a beautiful memory, though.

Jessica said...

Thank you for reminding me of the gospel in the middle of your grief. Love you friend.