Thursday, January 21, 2010

Can you ski in a rainstorm?

I might be a little sore after some skiing this week. I was away from internet, cell phone coverage (sometimes), and work for a few days, and it was lovely. I had not skiied in the last few years, so there was a slight learning curve for the first hour or two. I then fell madly back in love.

I was up in North Carolina, only about 2-3 hours from Atlanta about 4-5 from Birmingham. Great skiing for the cost and very nice people on the slopes. Check them out, if you are interested. (you can click here)

Funny store... We began up the ski lift to the top of the mountain. I am not too fond of going all the way to the top because it seems SO high, but if you're going to spend 5 minutes on the lift, you might as well be able to ski longer than 5 minutes down. As we hit halfway on the lift, the rain began to POUR. I was practically drenched in a matter of seconds. Thankfully Kevin, one of the guys, let me have a cap, so I wasn't fighting rain on my face.

On the way down the mountain, the rain and wind was so strong that it stopped me mid-ski. I was on an incline, prepared to ski down, and was actually stopped. It was bizarre. We also were taking the "s-curve" ski route, which made the "s-curves" a little more icy. It was an adventure.

I'd love to go again soon. I forgot how much I loved it!!!

No comments: