Monday, September 5, 2011

A Big Week!


I read a book this past week of grief. One of the things I agreed with is how grief changes with time. The author speaks about how 2-3 months after someone passes away, the tears become less. He says it's because the grief becomes deeper than tears - that you don't cry as much because there aren't actions that humans can do to express their depth of sorrow.
I agree. It's been 3 months since Mom passed away, and the sadness seems unbearable at times. This week reminds me so much of her. Yesterday, my precious nephew turned 2. I remember Mom holding him as a newborn, loving him every moment she got to see him, and enjoying his 1st birthday party so much. She would love this one just as much, and I hate that she's not here.

Then there's her favorite nephew, Corbin, who has also become one of my greatest friends. In 5 days, he marries the girl he's been smitten with for almost 2 years now. I couldn't be happier for the 2 of them. Of course we all wish his "Aunt B" was going to be there, but we're going to enjoy each moment for her. If I knew his "Aunt B," I know there will be a lot of tears. She would've wept, watching him marry his bride!


I can't wait for this weekend! A good friend of mine, Kelly (with Spindle Photography) will be joining me to document the occasion. Look out for some sneak peaks early next week. It's going to be fun!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can't wait! I'm so glad to be going!