Thursday, September 29, 2011

Family


Meet Corbin and Stephanie. Newlyweds. Also some of my favorite people in the whole world.

Corbin is one of my best friends in the entire world. He is the absolute perfect combination of an intelligent, attractive man with a kind, caring soul. We've become so close, and being able to capture his union to Stephanie was a highlight of my life FOR SURE.

See, we're more like brothers and sisters than we are cousins. For those who don't know us, the boy on the left is my little brother, and the girl to my right is my twin/triplet sister. The little girl is the apple of my eye and also my sister's oldest child. The groom and his sister are our 1st cousins on our Mom's side, but I don't like the idea of "cousins" with these people. They are deeper to my heart than I can place into words.

I can't try to lie. I was a basketcase the day of the wedding. I cried so many times, but I absolutely lost it when Stephanie was about to walk down the aisle. Watching Riley come down the aisle as the flower girl, all I could imagine was how happy my mom would've been to see it. I wept. Deeply. (maintaining my camera on auto-focus, of course) Then, the thought of Corbin seeing his bride for the first time brought more tears. I actually stepped back and allowed my talented, sweet, fun friend Kelly of Spindle Photography to shoot some of the ceremony. Just so I could enjoy the moment.

I've always wanted to shoot an entire wedding in black-and-white. I didn't with this one, but these all happened to be black-and-white. Enjoy. I'm incredibly proud of these images.




















I love this next image. While my heart is lost in seeing my family with missing people, I am overwhelmed with joy. The happiness we are enjoying lately is a perfect manifestation of the sacrifice my dear mother put into each one of us. I'm proud to recreate our family as life goes on, all in honor of my dearest Mom.

2 comments:

Amanda Pair said...

Bless you, sweet Camille. You have had me almost in tears too with the wonderful recent posts about your family. I love this wedding for the story AND the images. Miss you!

Ansley said...

I love the "almost kiss" picture....so beautiful and so poignant. Good job, dear friend!