Thursday, April 19, 2012

Remembering Mom #4


I VIVIDLY remember a shoot I did in the SAME location as the image above. My sister had taken Mason to visit Mom one morning, and I happened to be over there. She was playing with him in the yard, and I took the opportunity to take some images of the two of them - just playing... I went back and looked at the blog post I did from that little session and loved what I saw.
(If you want a refresher, click HERE.)
It was hard to be back home without her. Going home just doesn't feel the same. As one of my friends says, it's like all the color has been stripped from Birmingham. Now, don't get me wrong... I have some GREAT friends and family members in the city, but it's just not the same. Not at all.
The first time I flew home after Mom passed away was so anti-climatic. I'd never flown into Birmingham without my Mom coming to get me. I went to Enterprise to rent a car and just started bawling crying. I felt bad for the poor salesman because he had not a clue what was going on with me. :) It's like a story Mom would tell. Ha!
It's getting easier to go home, but I still don't like it. I still want her to pick me up - and to want to take me to eat some of my favorite foods - and to cook me dinner - and to play with the kids in the yard. Until then, I want to enjoy them as she would... which means slowing down, living simply, playing outside, and taking my camera with me:

1 comment:

Beth Buckner said...

I love your stories! you're just as funny as your momma with your story telling.