Monday, September 15, 2008

2 new fads...

There are 2 new "fads" in the wedding industry that I am really enjoying. The first has been out for a while, and they are what we call flush-mounted albums. The old wedding albums used to be matted, and while I think those were very classic, they have the right balance (I think) between classic and modern. I use them solely now and love how they can be designed. The photos are actually the page, which is why it's called flush-mounted, and they open up big, either 10x20 inches or 12x24 inches.

Along the same line are new guest books. A lot of people use the traditional guest books, where people can just sign their name at the wedding ceremony or reception. That's not all bad, but I wonder how much of that is simply tradition. I'm not sure I would go back, at least not often, to read the names of the people who were at my wedding. These new guest books are actually designed with the engagement photos in an album. The neat thing is that around the pictures, there is paper that can be signed. People can sign it and leave notes; it's like an engagement album showcase and a guest book in one. Fantastic!

A lot of people have been matting a picture in a big frame and getting people to sign that. It's not a bad idea, either. I will say, though, that I would rather have a book than a big photo. To me, having a classic smaller guest book and a classic larger wedding album would be easier to keep up with and showcase in my home than a big photo.

It's all personal preference... Just think through the new "fads." Some of them aren't all that bad.

No comments: