Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a month free and...

Well, it's now nearing the end of September, and I haven't had a single photography shoot planned this whole month. Whew! It has been a good break, considering July 25 through August 31 was the maddest rush of my life. :) I miss it, though, and that says a lot about what it means to me. I really thought the month would go by without me even realizing that I didn't have a shoot. That wasn't the case, though, because on multiple occasions I thought about when my next one would be. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday -- I am the lucky photographer of what will be a great, fall, fun engagement shoot. I have a couple who are getting married in January, and they are just super fun. We are going to have a big-time blast; I can't wait. We're going to casually shoot some at their house and then onto a park or something. Can't wait!!! I love relaxed, easy, fun shoots, as it's always my goal to capture emotion... Photos that draw out emotion from the admirer.

_______________________________________________________________________

The "..." at the beginning of this post is meant to be "my best wedding advice." I don't think I'm actually going to say this is the "best" because I continue to attend many weddings, BUT I have seen many. I think the best thing that you can do as a bride is us the money how YOU want to use the money. It doesn't matter if your budget is $2500 or $250,000, use it as your own. That's the best thing to do. I love it when a wedding was just obviously planned by the bride and the groom. I love that because its always more fun and more memorable.

Now, of course I'll be biased and say that you should use the money on photography, but of course you can use it however you want. I just say that photos are a great way to use the money because they are the only things that will actually last. But, if photography isn't you thing, go with whatever feels right. If photography is your thing, though, go for the most expensive photographer you can afford. I really do not think you could possibly regret your decision.

I guess to sum it up... just spend the money YOURSELF. I think so often, especially here in the South, people try to influence you from the MOMENT you get engaged. Don't let them!!! If Aunt Betty-Sue loves flowers and thinks you should spend $5000 on them, only do it if YOU love flowers, too. If you don't care, spend the money on something else. Make your reception a party!!! Buy a beautiful dress that makes you look like a model and hott!!! And, of course, save some money for a fantastic honeymoon. :)

That's all... Be looking for engagement photos next week.

:) camille

No comments: