Thursday, September 18, 2008

my "generic schedule"

I think I often freak out some of my brides with my "generic schedule" document. What I will do is send all my brides a list of photos that I usually take at weddings, such as bride with sisters, groom with each groomsmen, etc. I then tell them to take off and add any that they might want or not want.

What this allows me to do is send my brides a detailed schedule with times and such. That lets people know when to get there... it lets each bride talk with your wedding director more in depth about the day's schedule... it also lets the brides know how to discuss with your florist when bouquets need to get there, etc.

It appears overkill, but I don't want it to. I want it to be helpful to each couple... I actually don't really follow it. I do follow the pattern of your schedule but have it memorized enough that I don't have to go by it photo by photo. There are always little bumps along the road, and my goal is to make wedding days calm. With that said, I never freak out when the schedule is not followed because I know that there are always great photos to be taken!

What I will do is make perfectly certain that any unique photos that you want get taken. For example, a recent bride and groom of my both work at UAB. They wanted all of their fellow co-workers to get a photo together. I thought it was a great idea! I usually keep up with those on a notecard in my pocket, so feel free to offer up any specific photos that you want...

With all that said, I do offer one piece of advice to anyone reading this: Let your photographer capture the day. Do not get caught up in the schedule or in the formal shots. I promise that your ceremony will happen when it was meant to happen, and the photos will get taken. Be flexible and enjoy your day. Remember that you have chosen that photographer because you like their images, so let them get those images for you!

No comments: