Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grateful.


They said that Mom wouldn't live past last Thanksgiving. Not a chance. And here we are, a week from Turkey Day, and my heart couldn't be more full. I have learned that life is so much more than what we make it. I have learned to love extravagantly and not regret anything. I have learned to enjoy each moment of life and remember the blessings, even if unseen.

Thanks be to God for providing me with all my needs. And many of my wants. And a mom who can watch me turn 24. And teach me how to be a good friend, believer, sister, aunt, and wife (one day). Mom, there are no words to describe how much I love you... and how grateful I am to God for 2010.


** Remember to comment to be eligible for a prize, so I can know "Who reads my blog?" **

5 comments:

christi said...

you are so lucky camille! you have a wounderful family!i think abour your mother alot and pray for her, grandma ruth keeps me updated.i couldnt begin to imagine how terrible it must feel to live with that.God has truely blessed you and candice, and God has a purpose and a plan.ALWAYS. i wish we all were closer. i never had a sister, well i have a brother but i dont get to see him so even though i have great friends i still feel like something missing because i dont have a very strong sense of family. so never forget how truely blessed you are and how basic things in life that seem rutine some people really never get to have. and as smart as a dr. may be he isnt God and never has the final say so in life! your mother is truely a survior and a inspiration for all women and mothers!

"Mama" Dean said...

Happy birthday Camille!! You and your family are so special to me. You know I always read your blog. It's my way of keeping up with everything I miss from Birmingham. Thanks for all the memories!!

erin nolen said...

this post made me tear up! love you beasley girls and am so thankful for the miracle of your mama this thanksgiving.

even though it seems it's going to take an act of congress for you and me to hang out again, i know you know how much i value and admire you. i am lucky to know you and call you my friend!

Amanda said...

Such a precious post! So glad that you are able to celebrate another amazing time with your family! I can't believe how much your neice has grown too! ;)

Beth Buckner said...

Precious Friend - Indeed what a delight to have your mother yet another year! and I am very thankful we all have YOU in our lives. You are a blessing.
That picture of you 3 "girls" is too beautiful! I know it made your mother's day to see that.
I love you.