Monday, June 27, 2011

Can a wedding gift make you cry?

Yes! Absolutely! My point exactly:

My sweet Mommy went to be with Jesus a mere 48 hours before Lindsey and Nathan's wedding. I had to be there. Despite the sadness, I could not have missed it. She, despite her terminal brain cancer, sent my aunt, cousin, and I on search of towels in the perfect color for these newlyweds. She said that you "always need towels." In her honor, I shot the ceremony, thanks to my dear friend Brian, and it was more than sweet. Refreshing. Endearing to see life and new beginnings and love.
A few weeks later, I received the tag off this gift in the mail. Both the bride and her mother, long-time friends of my mom, wanted me to keep this. If I remember correctly, this was the last thing she wrote. And now you see why I HAD to shoot the wedding... Because people like that don't come along often. Because their heart was so full of gratitude and gratefulness that I was encouraged by seeing them. Smith family, I LOVE you:

P.S. A big HUGE "thanks" to Amy Carson and her second-shooter Juan for photographing the reception and giving me some much needed respite from the crowds of people. Amy, you are a good friend and photographed well for them! I so appreciate it.

2 comments:

Lindsey Smith said...

i have always thought God brings the perfect people into your life at the perfect time. it is still so amazing that we happened to be set up with you because of meghan. you made june 4 so special. weddings are about being with the great people in your lives and your mom really made all of us great that day. her sweet spirit was so present through you and it was so radiating. you will never know how much it meant to me and my family that you were there.

Amy Carson said...

I was more than happy to help out Camille, you are amazing and a wonderful friend and I am blessed to know you :)