Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Memorial Worship

Whew. I feel as though I have run a never-ending marathon that is just as much emotionally as physically draining. In a lot of ways, I am glad Mom's memorial is over; it seemed like a looming event that seemed impossible to get through. Yet, I have never been so encouraged by the love that was shown to me, to my family, and to my sweet mom. I want to post the words that I spoke on Monday night but want to do that in another post. What I want to share are the words that impacted me the most on Monday night.


I asked that we sing "Be Thou My Vision" and "There is a Fountain" because those were songs that my mom treasured. I have wrestled with the prayer "whatever befall, still be my vision" for the past few years. I am still wrestling but trusting that God will give me the faith to rest in the midst of whatever does befall.

Mom often told me of the infusion room where she would receive chemo. The idea that some liquid being placed directly into her veins was so toxic that the nurses would need to suit up always brought lots of contemplation. She did, though, try to think of the chemo in the same way that the hymn speaks of Emmanuel's blood being transfused for us. I am in awe of her mind-set in the midst of receiving chemo, but that is why my Mom will forever be my hero. Her mindset on life was and is unmatched.

We must remember that God does "see each tear that falls," as well as that He hears our calls. I pray that I would continue to believe that daily.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Camille, I am so very sorry for your loss. I know that she has been fighting this battle for years and wouldn't have been able to fight it this long if it wasn't for all of the love ya'll have given her. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.