Sunday, October 5, 2008

OCD photography

I have always been a very organized person, and that includes the way my brain stores information. I need to understand the "how's" and "why's" of why things happen, in order for my brain to really LEARN that information. I was that way in nursing school and still am today in the emergency room.

It's worse in photography... There are things that I can always do better at weddings, and it frankly pisses me off when I could've taken a picture better. I guess I just have to become as talented as Erin or Emily or Amelia or Melissa or Jasmine -- one of my photo heroes.

I could never put into words how much I enjoy taking pictures. I could never express what an honor it is to capture someone's wedding day with photos. As I was mass deleting tonight on my wedding this past weekend, I was struck by the emotion in so many of the pictures, and it hit me. That's what matters... the connection between the bride and the groom, the love between the couple and their friends, the families being joined together -- that's what makes a wedding so special.

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words... Enjoy these, the first few that "caught my eye."







P.S. I love that "sibling picture." I am very close with my family and cannot express how much I cherish photos of my family. Whatever you do in life, love your family. Let them know that you love them, and serve them to your fullest. Then, when you've done all that, get photos made with your family.... and, splurge on a photographer. We got Jason. :)

No comments: