Saturday, May 1, 2010

a graduation themed shoot!

My friend, Kim, and I had been contemplating, bribing, bartering, thinking... trying to plan a shoot with Grant for a LONG time. When she mentioned a shoot because he was graduating kindergarten, I didn't know the extend of the fun plans she had in store! She's like a super mom.

He's pretty cool himself. This was the first shot I saw of him in the car. Needless to say, I wasn't too concerned for the day.
Yay Grant!!
We roamed around and explored Tannehill State Park, also known as a diamond in the ruff. I cannot believe that I had never been there... There are some incredible old buildings, trails, and scenery - so well kept up, too!
The photo below is Kim's favorite, and I don't blame her. Look at those eyes!
Of course we didn't get through a shoot with a 5 year-old without some little faces:

If you know me, you know that I am practically drooling over the beauty of these black-and-whites!

And, finally... I am not usually one to play around with weird editing, but man, I love this!
Kim, thanks for introducing me to Tannehill and for staying on me until we did this shoot. I must say that I am more than glad we did it. I love the desire you have to document these moments in Grant's life - He will love these one day, and you will, too.

Edit: How did I forget this last one?

1 comment:

Kim said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! Thank you sooooo much. We will cherish these memories forever.